Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Unprecedented Confusion, Uncertainty, and Fear

Check out this relevant letter I received this AM from my friend Tim Ramseier (Executive Dir. of Vigo Co. YFC)... Talking about timely for today. Let us hold fast to the wisdom and security of God and the hope we have in Christ!

My Dear Brothers and Sisters…
“Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.” Habakkuk 3:17-18

There is unprecedented confusion, uncertainty, fear and polarization in our country today. The volatility in the stock market is becoming an appropriate proxy for what has long been the story of many souls.

It is with this situation as a backdrop that I write, knowing that many of you/us are facing deep and difficult challenges. It is against this canvas that we paint the picture of hope and certainty. Our Lord and Savior is not panicked, He is not wringing His hands in worry. He needs not call any emergency meeting of the Godhead.

These are wonderful days to be a part of the ministry of Youth for Christ. The stakes are high. The test is intense. The opposition is sharp. The problems are daunting. But when, in the midst of all of this, we are able to catch a glimpse of the sovereignty of God, then we will begin to find the joy of our salvation.

I treasure your partnership in the Gospel. I treasure your commitment and sacrifice on behalf of Youth for Christ.

I am honored to serve for you and with you. I am praying for you as you resist the urge to fold or cave or retreat. Courage my friend. You are not alone. There is great comfort in the companionship of battle. And so today I wanted to shine a light on that partnership. “I will take joy in the God of my salvation.” Be dispensers of this hope to the many individuals in your communities that are hurting, unraveled and broken by the times in which we live.

I love and appreciate you.

Soli Deo Gloria.
Dan

Daniel S. Wolgemuth
President/CEO

Photo from Yahoo.com

No comments: